Meet Your Organ – The Pancreas
You have a 6 inch long flat gland behind your belly called the Pancreas! Be honest that’s a shocker for many of you!
It’s super duper important.
This quiet behind-the-scenes organs handle much more than you ever cared to realize.
What does it do though?
- It produces enzymes allowing us to digest better.
- It also produces Insulin allowing our blood sugar to be regulated keeping us from diabetes.
- It produces Glucagon for those times we screw up our blood sugar and need to readjust in a different way.
- It helps the body absorb proteins and fats (instead of storing it)
- It helps balance stomach acid
So let’s reverse all that…
With an unhealthy pancreas you can get:
- Digestive issues
- Rollercoaster blood sugar
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Increased risk of heart attacks
- Increased risk of cancers
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (Jaundice)
- Back pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
The benefits of keeping a healthy pancreas are pretty obvious.
How can you do that?
- Add foods like fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, nuts, veggies, beans, and fruit to your diet.
- Eating raw and unprocessed foods can also be helpful.
- Stop those habits that hinder pancreatic health like tobacco use and alcohol.
- Professional massage and natural detoxification regimen may help your pancreas and help your body rid itself of harmful toxins. (Do you really need an excuse to get a massage?)
- Products that take the guesswork out like Pancreas Liberate can add the nutrition the pancreas needs to keep itself healthy and maintain blood sugar levels